The Leading Bandsaw Mill Alternative from Turbosawmill
Step away from using a bandsaw sawmill
A swing-blade sawmill from Turbosawmill beats a bandsaw sawmill every time for its unmatched design, safety, production and lumber recovery.
You won't have to rehandle the slabs to resaw into usable timber. With its single, pivoting blade, swing-blade sawmills can handle logs of all shapes and sizes and produce more lumber with a single operator than a bandsaw.
Unlike short-lived bandsaw blades, Turbo blades last for years. They take only 60 seconds to sharpen, and their costs are negligible in comparison to bandsaw blades. When the blade needs sharpening, your feed rate will slow down, but your cuts will remain straight and supported.
For maximum performance with minimal handling, a swing-blade sawmill from Turbosawmill is the only choice.
Why choose a swing-blade sawmill over a portable bandsaw mill
Turbosawmill swing-blade sawmills can go anywhere with you, ensuring a high lumber quality no matter how remote the location is. Bandsaws are only portable in smaller sizes, which could compromise your standard of work.
The simplicity of the Turbosawmill design means it won't take long to learn to operate our swing-blade sawmills comfortably and cut accurate lumber. Learning to operate a bandsaw takes considerably longer as you'll need to understand the various blade options, tensions and teeth angles.
Cut lumber as and when you need it with a reliable swing-blade sawmill on-site. With 180-degree access, you can retrieve heavy beams easily and have them ready to go. Turbosawmill swing-blade sawmills will boost the efficiency of your entire operation.
Want to dive deeper into the differences between a Turbosawmill portable sawmill and bandsaws? Head to our Swing-blade advantage over bandsaws page for more comparisons.
Bandsaw mills are a waste of money. Here's why:
It's simple. Bandsaw mills lack the speed, accuracy, durability and versatility of a swing-blade sawmill.
There's no doubt that a swing-blade sawmill can produce lumber faster than a bandsaw. Turbosawmill's highly durable blade will withstand regular use and require minimal maintenance.
Before you purchase a bandsaw, consider what it will cost you long-term. From blade replacements to the number of people required to operate them, bandsaws become increasingly costly over time. For a bandsaw to compete with Turbosawmill's minimal handling design, they need to be fully hydraulic. Just another cost to add to the list!
- An electric start 13hp Honda vertical shaft engine.
- 2 x RX27 chain loops.
- Accurate worm gearbox with dial for lift and sideways motion.
- Hand crank winch.
- Increased output speed (5,500 RPM) for faster cutting.
- Centrifugal clutch for easy start-up.
- Large ATV jockey kit.
- 180-degree easy access for removal of slabs and loading logs.
- Easy belt and chain tension system.
- Easy bar alignment adjustment.
- 2-year warranty on the mill framework.
- 3-year warranty on the motor.
- Angled bar providing for:
- Smooth entry and exit of the log.
- Easier feed as the chain tends to pull the saw through the cut.
- Reduced tendency of frame sway.
Does not include a sharpener - we recommend:
- Bench grinder kit.
- Dremel and bit for quick easy sharpening on the bar.
Disassembly (6 assemblies including jockey wheels):
- Unbolt the long alloy tube.
- Unbolt the operator end frame.
- You may use the included jockey wheels to prop up the beam during disassembly.
- You may also remove the long base skids of each frame to reduce the weight.
- Roll the carriage off the beam onto a pellet in your truck.
- To reduce the overall weight of your carriage you may also remove:
- Unbolt the far end frame.
- Place the complete beam on your truck’s roof rack or disassemble into pieces for easier transport.
Looking for a bandsaw mill for sale? Key points to consider
Watch our automated portable sawmill in action
The elevator pitch for why you need to use Turbosawmill over any bandsaw mill for sale
Let’s cut to the chase: with their superior durability, versatility and ease of use, nothing beats a swing-blade sawmill from Turbosawmill.
If you’re searching for a bandsaw mill for sale, consider instead the MASSIVE advantages a Turbosawmill swing-blade sawmill will give you.