When portability matters, you need the Weekend Warrior - our chainsaw-driven swing blade sawmill.
Convert your standard 70-120cc chainsaw into a productive swing-blade sawmill!
A True Innovation
Launched in early 2013, the Weekend Warrior was developed in association with the New Zealand government (Ministry of Science & Innovation) specifically to address the needs of the Pacific Islands market.
The sawmill is compact and light enough to carry into the bush and move from tree to tree, enabling you to recover timber productively and very cost-efficiently.
Assembly and disassembly is quick and easy.
Mill 4 Cubic Metres per Day
The Weekend Warrior offers a superb solution for the lower end production requirement of 800-1600bf (2-4 cubic metres) per day.
Perfect for the islands where forestation prevents access to high value logs, the arborist that needs value added or simply the weekend warrior.
Less Effort, More Production
If you are pushing the saw manually through the cut, weight is much more important than horsepower. The main swing blade cutting head weighs a mere 37kg, which makes moving the saw through the cut effortless!.
The Weekend Warrior sawmill also delivers full taper adjustability. You can easily align logs to the mill with the manual winch system - no more needing to jack up heavy logs.
Low Cost Investment
Purchasing a high production swing blade has never been more affordable - especially if you already have your own chainsaw!
Light & Incredibly Portable
This is the most portable swing-blade sawmill available on the market today.
The complete sawmill weighs just 140kg (including power head) and was designed to be very quickly and easily dismantled and reassembled.
The small footprint is ideal for bush milling.
Customers tell us their Weekend Warrior is easily transported from site to site, and easily carried from tree to tree by one or two men.
Features & Specifications:
- Capable of sawing 2-4+ cubic meters per day
- Open frame design - allows access to the timber, providing smooth productive flow
- 6" x 6" Standard Cut
- 12" x 6" Double Cut
- Saw up to 5m in length
- Kerf 5mm
- Standard Diameter 1.5m (although any diameter log can be cut with chocks)
- Saw the log as it lays - even with extreme inclines - the carriage is very light to push
- Fits either Stihl 066, 084, 088 (or any other chainsaw equivalent in cc). Powerhead may be purchased from any local chainsaw distributor. Simply advise us of your preference and we will make sure to include the correct adapter.
- Independent adjustment provides incredible flexibility aligning to the log for better recovery
- Complete mill weighs just 140kg including powerhead
- Takes less than a minute to sharpen
- Conversion from chainsaw bar to circular swing blade is as simple and quick as changing a dull chain.
- WAR06 - 6” Cut Weekend Warrior Sawmill
Comes with easy-assemble frame, blade and sharpener kit.
Options & Accessories
- WARSLABBER - Slabbing frame
Takes standard chainsaw with up to 40“ bar
- WARRETIP - Re tipping jig
Jig with 20 tips
- WARLOGDOG - Clamps for securing logs
Set of 4 clamps and spikes
- WARBLADE - 6” standard blade
4 tooth standard blade, 5mm kerf
- WARELEC 2.2 - Hobbyist single phase 2.2kw direct start - optional upgrade now available
- WARELEC 5.5 - Professional 3 phase 5.5kw with soft start - optional upgrade now available
- WARELECS - Electric lift and sideways actuation - optional upgrade now available (only with electric model)
- STIHL 660 - Stihl chainsaw
Power head only
- STIHL 880 - Stihl chainsaw
Power head only
- HUSK395xp - Husqvarna chainsaw
Power head only