Spectrum Innovations (Trading as TURBOSAWMILL) is considered as one of the leading manufacturers of portable sawmills worldwide. Our sawmills are currently in use in the US, Canada, England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Fiji, Australia, South Africa, China, Indonesia, Hawaii, Bhutan, Gabon, Ghana, Dr Congo, Uganda, Ethiopia, Cameroon, French Guyana, Japan, Micronesia, Nigeria, Norfolk Islands, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and New Zealand. Our head office is located in Tauranga, New Zealand and we have multiple distributers located all around the world. We are a rapidly growing company with sales figures continuing to increase. We are currently looking to expand our distribution with a professional industry associated company to represent our product effectively.
Spectrum Innovations was established in 2007 by Jake Peterson, son of sawmill pioneer Carl Peterson. Carl developed his first prototype swing blade sawmill in the remote islands of Fiji, and after immigrating to New Zealand in the 1980's, set about creating the world's first commercial swing-blade sawmill. Carl's swing-blade sawmill was launched to great acclaim, and with the NZ government backing his innovation, over one thousand mills were manufactured and sent worldwide. In 2007 - with Carl's help and support - Jake Peterson launched Spectrum Innovations. Father and son worked together to design and build The GLADIATOR swing-blade sawmill, utilising Carl's inverted 'T' concept to offer a very clean, open access portable sawmill. In 2012, the company launched the WARRIOR, our chainsaw/small engine-driven sawmill - the most portable swing-blade sawmill available today.
Mission Statements, Standards, and Objectives
At Spectrum Innovations, our goals are simple. We know we have the best portable sawmill on the market and we intend to keep it that way. High quality machines and a network of well-established distributors worldwide.
What makes our mills stand out at the top?
● Open access to load your logs and remove timber (without the possibility of damaging your tracks. You're not stuck in a portal restricting your options.
● The mono rail means your mill will always pull straight - it’s not dependent on how or where you pull. It will cut straight no matter what.
● Our mills now have a 40-60hp capacity heavy duty Curtis gearbox (made in the US). The driven pulley is also mounted on the other side of an outrigger bearing - meaning the pressure provided by the belt is off the gearbox. This is the number one fault with most swing blade sawmills.
● We have full taper ability along with single end sizing options available making our mills very easy to align to the log and to set your sizes.
● Our mills are very light to push and pull. The other mills may look impressive in size but it’s certainly not fun pushing/pulling a tank all day.
● The swing apparatus is effortless. We also have weather board options available to coincide with its simplicity.
● All our mills can double cut straight off the log - no turning the mill around (its designed into the concept). Our mills don't require any 180-degree swing function - this facility has no relationship to any extra ability regarding double cutting so don't get caught out with this thinking!
● Portability. Our mills can be provided with a simple dolly trailer system. They can also be transported via a small jockey arrangement. They do break down too. Lots of options for easy 10-30-minute setup/breakdown. Our chainsaw mills take portability to the next level.
● A major hidden advantage with our saw is that there is no need to start vertical first followed by horizontal as your finishing cut. Simply start horizontal and finish with vertical - no wedging required. Just grab your sawn board and start again.
● Sharpening takes literally seconds with our simple 4-tooth saw blade. This design means our mills put LESS strain on the blade prolonging the life of your gearbox, bearings and belts.
● We have thin-kerf blade and planer blade available for all mills.
● We will be offering insert tips by Simonds very soon (blades made in the US). This provides much more options when sawing domestic logs with the possibility of steel within them.
● We have an amazing LOW COST automated swing blade available. This sets us apart!
● We also have our own range of slabbers and slabbing attachments. Saw any diameter logs.
● Price, production, simplicity and portability - you can’t beat it!
What makes Turbosawmill so much better is the frame design, automation, single beam, computer designed finesse not to mention it is unique, productive and full of innovation!! Not forgetting the general back ground to the origin of the swing blade revolution.
M6 Ultra-lightweight mill
M8 Lightweight mill
M10 Commercial Auto mill
M12 Gladiator 28hp petrol
Alaskan slabber cradle
13hp powered dedicated slabber
We have grown!
In the last four years, we have grown substantially with sales almost doubling each year. This is early days for us!
People and company behind the product
Spectrum Innovations is a company that looks at the status quo and finds new and more innovative ways to accomplish the same task, all while keeping things simple and easy for the end user. We have a vision.
What we can offer
● Sales volume governed margins.
● 2 years’ territory rights with first right of refusal.
● Potential for high turnover.
● Company manufacturing capacity (ability to grow with requirements).
● Website dedicated to your company.
● On site start up training/demonstrations.
● Promotional standard apparel.
● CE certified sawmills.
● Reputable product.
What we are looking for
● Product on the ground and at local shows to represent.
● Parts backup and after sales service.
● Regulated minimum orders.
● A shared growth vision.
Initial minimum purchase (negotiable)
● 1-off M12 Gladiator
● 2-off M10 Auto
● 3-off M8 13hp
● 4-off M6
Types of industry business that would work well with our products:
Firewood processor dealers. Stump grinder dealers. Chainsaw dealers. Re-saw and planer dealers. Bandsaw dealers. Forestry equipment dealers. Excavator attachment dealers. Tractor dealers. Agricultural dealers. Brush cutting systems dealers. Mowing systems dealers. Harvester head dealers. Arborist suppliers. Mulching system dealers.